OnlyFans vs Modelhub
Adult subscription-based platforms have become quite big in recent years. While OnlyFans is undoubtedly the biggest of them all, there are several alternatives that offer similar features. In this post, we'll turn our attention towards ModelHub, which is one of the platforms that adult performers, producers, and studios have taken to like fish to water. Read on to know regarding the various features that it has to offer, along with the earning potential that the platform has for performers.
At the end of the post, we'll also do a comparative analysis of ModelHub and OnlyFans to understand whether or not it's a good option for you to consider. So, without any further delay, let's get this post started!
Table of content
What is ModelHub?
ModelHub is the section of PornHub that's been specifically designed and developed for adult performers and their fans. The platform allows fans to subscribe to the channels/profiles of their favorite adult performers. It's up to the performers to decide on the subscription fees that fans have to pay to access their content, and there are several features that performers can use for earning money. They retains a small percentage of every performer's total earnings and pays the majority share to the performers, producers, and studios on the platform. There's also a referral program that performers can sign up for and earn additional income from the platform.
How does ModelHub work?
If you want to enlist yourself as a model on the platform, you have to first go through the sign-up process. Fans too, have to sign up to the platform to access content. While the process is quite easy for fans, it's a bit more time-consuming for aspiring models. Apart from their personal details, models also have to submit photographs of their IDs and their financial details. The platform takes some time to verify the details submitted by the models, who can proceed to upload their content on the site following the verification and approval process.
There's a minimum payout amount that models have to earn before the platform pays them. ModelHub also offers to pay models through various payment methods. We'll go into the details about all these aspects in the following sections.
How to create a ModelHub account?
As mentioned before, the account creation process is much easier for fans than it is for aspiring models and performers. In this section, we'll take you through all the steps you need to take to create an account on Modelhub. So, let's get going!
- Visit the official ModelHub website.
- At the top of the page, you can see various tabs named 'Home', 'Videos', 'Models' and so on. Click on 'Models'.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the 'Models' page. You should see a 'Wanna be a Modelhub model?' image, with a 'Sign Up' link. Click on 'Sign Up'.
- The link will take you to a page that has all the relevant information regarding being a model on the platform. You can either choose to 'Learn more' or 'Join The Model Program'.
- When you click 'Join The Model Program', it will ask you to first create a PornHub account.
- The PornHub account creation process is simple, and once your account on PornHub has been created, you can proceed to submit your application for becoming a model on the ModelHub platform.
The verification and approval process may take some time, as there are numerous applications that have to be reviewed day-in and day-out. However, you can expect the process to be completed within a 24-hour period. Following the approval, you can start uploading your content.
How much money can I earn on ModelHub?
It's difficult to give anyone an exact number in terms of potential ModelHub earnings. Simply put, if you consistently upload content and garner a considerable following, you can make decent money. Instead of focusing on numbers, we'll take a look at the payout percentages offered by the platform in this section.
The platform offers performers and models 80% of their total earnings from their fan clubs and tips. Performers can also net 65% of the total earnings from their direct video sales and custom video content. In the initial stage, you may have to put out a lot of free content on the platform to build a loyal fanbase. However, just because the content is free for fans doesn't mean that you won't make any money off it. Ad revenue allows you to make a steady income on all your free content as well.
There are also various contests on the platform that happen frequently, from which performers can earn prize money. There's a referral program as well, which gives performers $50 for each model referred. They also allows performers to add content to PornHub Premium, a monthly subscription-based platform. You can make money on downloadable content as well. The best thing about ModelHub is that you can choose to have to content auto-exported to PornHub Network platforms, which will allow you to earn from partner platforms like Youporn, Tube8, and Redtube.
As mentioned a while ago, it has a referral program that performers and models can make money from. Apart from earning each time you refer a model, producer, or studio, you'll also earn $50 for every two videos that your referred models put out. To be a part of the program, you need a Verified Amateur profile on the PornHub Verified Amateur Program. To sign up for the program, you need to submit 2257 Compliance documents. Once your documents are verified, you can start making money from the program. If you want to promote the referral program, you can get in touch with the folks at ModelHub, and they'll help you out in the promotions.
Is ModelHub the best alternative to OnlyFans?
Now comes the final section of this post, and we'll get down to answering the most important question - is ModelHub better or should I opt for OnlyFans? Well, to get a clearer picture, we'll have to compare the two platforms based on certain factors such as payouts, support extended to performers, and more.
- Payouts: The payout structures are somewhat varied across OnlyFans and ModelHub. While OnlyFans offers performers 80% of their earnings through the platform for all types of content, ModelHub has differing payout percentages. For example, it allows performers to net 80% of their earnings through tips. However, for custom video content, the payout percentage is 65%. In terms of payouts, OnlyFans appears to be the clear winner. However, don't just make your decision based on the payout percentages alone.
- Potential of being found by audiences: One of the major criticisms of OnlyFans is the lack of a search option. It's completely up to the platform's algorithm to promote models' content. Plus, OnlyFans is getting filled up very fast. More and more adult models and content creators are registering on the platform, which has resulted in the competition becoming ever-tighter. So, if you're signing up on OnlyFans, remember that you may not be found by your audiences. However, things are quite different on ModelHub. It has a search function and it also has partners on the PornHub network. If you choose to export your content, you will be visible on PornHub, Youporn, and RedTube. So, on the visibility front, ModelHub wins hands down.
- Support for models: ModelHub provides support to its partner models and performers in a variety of ways. If you have any complaints that you'd like to share with the people running ModelHub, you can drop an email or connect with them on social media. Responses from the support team are usually quite prompt. The platform also allows performers to choose the countries and states where they want their content to be restricted from audiences. Performers can also protect their content from being used unfairly on other adult content site. On the other hand, OnlyFans has been criticized for its below-par support for models. Many performers on the platform have complaint that the responses to their complaints and queries have often been delayed.
- Earnings from referral programs: While ModelHub's referral program is a great way for performers to platform to earn some serious additional income, the same can't be said for OnlyFans' referral program. OnlyFans offers its performers 5% commission whenever another performer, producer, or studio is referred. However, the commission earnings are only valid for 12 months from the date of joining of the referred model. There's also an earnings cap on OnlyFans' referral program, while there are no limits on ModelHub. So, in terms of the earning potential of the referral programs, ModelHub offers greater opportunities.
So, all things considered, we'd recommend starting a channel on ModelHub for reaching out to your fans with your adult content. But it's not really valid to say that ModelHub is the best option against OnlyFans, as there are several other platforms as well offering similar features. Each platform has its own set of positives and negatives, and it's up to you to decide what's right for you depending on what your goals are. All in all, we'd like to say that ModelHub is definitely a better alternative to OnlyFans.